Having been to Tokyo at least 10 times over the last 8 years, I must say this city really captures my heart and soul. There's just so much this mega city has to offer!
Here's a list of what I love most about Tokyo:
- super-efficient and well-connected rail system
- it's safe and I feel very comfortable travelling around even on my own
- it's clean - I've not come across a dirty public toilet in Tokyo
- the service that you receive at malls, shops, eateries is the BEST in the world
- most japanese people are very gentle, considerate and polite - old folks are offered seats on buses/trains, everybody queues, nobody talks too loudly
- it's a shopping paradise - anything that you can think of (or can't think of), you can buy it in Tokyo
- food/product quality standards are so high - i've never had a lousy meal, or bought a lousy product in Tokyo
- japanese people are creative - nothing is impossible, nothing is too weird for them.
- everything is within easy reach in this compact city - arts, culture, shopping, dining, parks, scenery, architecture
- the weather is great - not too cold, not too hot and the seasonal changes bring about the most beautiful nature scenaries even in the concrete city - sakura/ume seasons, autumn leaves etc
I'll be providing some Tokyo travel tips in my subsequent posts...so stay tuned.