Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oven baked curry puffs

I had 2 boxes of frozen puff pastry that had been lying there for the longest time.....so I decided to make some curry puffs with them.

I made the puff fillings like I normally do - the cheat's way. I boiled the potatoes and chopped them into bitesize pieces. I also chopped up some leftover rotisserie chicken breast into chunks. I fried some chopped onions till soft, added some packet curry paste (I used Brahim's meat curry) and a little bit of chicken stock...followed by the chicken and potatoes...and kept stirring till thoroughly mixed and heated. Set aside.

I left the frozen puff pastry out to thaw as per the instructions on the box. When ready, I unrolled the puff pastry and cut them into squares (the size of the square is all up to you).
I spread the puff filling on one side and topped with a slice of egg. Then I folded the puff pastry to make a triangular shape and sealed the sides by pressing the pastry with the tips of a fork.
I brushed the surfaces of the puffs with beaten egg and gently placed the puffs onto a baking rack that's on top of a cookie sheet (that's to allow the puffs to bake nicely on both sides).
I popped the puffs into the preheated oven of 370F for about 1/2 hr or till nicely browned.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of adding hard boiled eggs in the curry puffs just like Old Chang Kee. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete