Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Look what I dug out from the trash.....

My landlord was going to throw this plastic tray out. I believe she had used it to carry her potted plants back from the nursery. It seems like such a waste so I reclaimed it from the trash and gave it a good scrub and rinse to get rid of all the dirt.
I cut out a small fabric piece from a reclaimed flat sheet and sewed a recycled piece of elastic band (cut out from an old fitted sheet previously) all around to turn it into a fabric liner. Took me like a couple of minutes to sew it. I fitted it over the plastic tray and I've got myself a pretty display tray for my yard sale this weekend! Everything from this project has been recycled....isn't that great?
Go look in your trash today....keep an open mind and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can turn your "trash" into!

No comments:

Post a Comment