Monday, November 29, 2010

Waste NOT! pie.....

There was SO MUCH food leftover from Thanksgiving :O And it gets really tiring to keep eating the same things over and over again for days.

But I refuse to throw away perfectly good food just 'cos we are sick of eating them. If there's one thing I detest, it's wasting food....especially when many out there are starving.

So I decided to make something new out of the "old" food.....and I call it the Waste Not! pie.

For my pie, I'll be using all my leftover ham & turkey (chopped into bits), stuffing, turkey gravy and mashed potatoes. All I needed to add that's "new" is some frozen mixed vegetables and some spices (i.e. curry powder, onion powder, paprika & black pepper).

Mix all the ingredients, except mashed potatoes, together.

At the bottom of my rectangular pyrex dish, I spread out the ingredients evenly. Then, I topped the ingredients with a layer of mashed potatoes. You can add some shredded cheddar cheese on top of the mashed potatoes if you like but I just prefer it plain.

Bake it in the preheated oven at 325F for 50-55min till the top layer is slightly brown.

And then, slice and eat!! It's not only an easy one-dish meal to make and eat...but it's actually quite yummy (you can hardly tell it's made with all the thanksgiving leftovers!) and most importantly, you DO NOT WASTE FOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for Tania! Great idea to create a new dish out of leftovers and a delicious one too!

    ReplyDelete